September 18, 2014

Tomatoes on Tuesday

I made 20 quarts of tomato sauce yesterday.  I still need to mop my sticky floor.
Ben and Eve played while I worked and listened to talks.
I love having chickens to eat the tomato skins and seeds.
All the kids took a turn helping.
They migrate in and out as I work.
Lily cut her finger a tiny bit, right after she insisted she was old enough to help without cutting herself.
Cute girl.
I kind of love those "Maybe Mom is right" moments.
We paused for a trip to the school to watch Jakob's soccer game.
It was a beautiful day.
I had one million things to do, but was glad I took a minute to be there in the stands for one of my favorites.
It was a great game!
We're still quite a spectacle here in Tully.  
Little Ben hit his chin on the bleacher, right beside me, twice!  Ugh.
This little guy is going to be busy and feisty!  I'm telling you-- he's a big spirit.
We has spaghetti for dinner and noticed the sauce was SO good, but a bit spicy (I added too many red pepper flakes).
So, we mixed two batches together before we started canning.
(Jakob laughed at this sauce and asked me if I could tell the shape of the heating unit under the pan.  An oval.  I love how his brain works.)
I don't even have a picture of the sauce all finished.  Here is me and my tomato splattered shirt.

I laughed to read this sign in my kitchen--
Things started out orderly, but got to be quite a mess in the middle.

Late last night, I fell asleep on the couch while Todd loaded the next batch of sauce into the steamer.
I really don't know where I'd be without that guy.

Today I'm cleaning counters and floors and walls-- everything tastes and smells tomatoey. 
And, it is good.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow, Jen! Impressive!!! ❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...